WHAT'S NEW

Welcome To LEADFORTRESS FORUM.....You can send your article to mutelviz@gmail.com for publication......FOLLOW US@ facebook.com/mutairu.zubairu.9....twitter:@mutairuz1.....VISIT US: leadfortress.blogspot.com...BREAKING NEWS=............... .THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE ....................... ....

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Joshua Feels undisputed To Defeat Povetkin, Wilder, Others And Create Huge Boxing Legacy

Anthony Joshua is eager to cement a legacy in heavyweight boxing with a win against Alexander Povetkin.
Joshua Feels In Ship Shape To Defeat Povetkin, Wilder, Others And Create Huge Boxing Legacy
Joshua holds three of the four major heavyweight belts. Deontay Wilder has the other one – the World Boxing Council (WBC) title

Joshua who holds the International Boxing Federation (IBF), World Boxing Association (WBA),
6 World Boxing Organisation (WBO) and the International Boxing Organisation (IBO) heavyweight titles, says that his plan is to become part of boxing folklore by leaving a massive legacy before quitting in about ten years.

“I feel like, right now, I’m back in a tournament stage, where I have to get through Povetkin and I have to get through Wilder and I have to get through who’s next in order to create this legacy,” the 28-year-old told a news conference at Wembley on Wednesday ahead of his bout against Povetkin .

“I’ve always done it for fun. I’ve had fun with it because I preferred the lifestyle it presented me.

“Now, I’m dead serious about this business. This is chapter two for me and Povetkin is the first on my list.”

“Massive respect to Povetkin. When two lions meet & you hear a lil pup barking, don’t play with big cats.. That’s a warning.

“I used to concentrate on the opponents and I was always worrying about what was next. It was, ‘I don’t want to make mistakes with this opponent.’ I started boxing within myself, I stopped expressing myself.

joshua-povetkin-completesportsnigeria-csn

“Even though I have these titles, it’s about proving your stock worth every time you fight. It’s not just about Povetkin, it’s not just about Wilder, it’s about me, my legacy and reaching my potential.

“All comers are welcome and, in this chapter, my mindset is different because I understand what I’m involved in. Alexander is the first person on my list.

“I think I’ve got 10 years left in boxing and I want to cement my legacy.”

Joshua who is unbeaten in his last 21 bouts burst into the public eye with his gold medal in the super-heavyweight division of the 2012 Olympic Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment